Schedule a Well-care Visit for Back-to-School
Earn a $25 Gift Card
Healthy kids are ready to learn! Call your doctor to schedule your child’s well-care visit before school starts.
When your child completes a well-care visit with a primary care provider (PCP) or obstetrician/gynecologist (OB/GYN) between June 5 and September 5, 2023 they are eligible for a $25 gift card from your AHCCCS health plan.
Who is eligible?
- AHCCCS members ages 3-19 years,
- Who have not already completed a well-care visit in 2023, and
- Are enrolled in an AHCCCS managed care health plan.
Why is a well-care visit important?
Well-care visits help doctors track your child’s developmental progress, and give parents a chance to discuss any health concerns. At a well-care visit, your child’s doctor may:
- Provide routine vaccinations to protect against illnesses like measles, whooping cough, and other serious diseases,
- Track your child’s growth against developmental milestones, and
- Screen for other health issues, including physical and behavioral issues.
Here’s what others say about childhood well-care visits:
- American Academy of Pediatrics Preventive Care/Periodicity Schedule
- American Academy of Pediatrics Schedule of Well-Child Care Visits
- CDC’s Catch Up on Well-Child Visits and Recommended Vaccinations
See Frequently Asked Questions or contact your health plan to learn more.
Health Plan Websites
Molina Healthcare (scroll to the bottom of the page and click on “Healthy kids are ready to learn”)
UnitedHealthcare Community Plan (see the Healthy Kids are Ready to Learn section)